Welcome to the Library of the American University of the Middle East located on the ground floor of the Library Building. Please enjoy the library services for study, reference, research activities, and for access to AUM subscription databases. AUM Library offers reference assistance to students, faculty and staff. Please contact the circulation desk or any library staff.
AUM Library provides a welcoming and well managed facility that encourages research and dissemination of scholarly information and ideas. It also provides information resources and services to support the instructional programs and educational goals of the university.
To achieve these goals, the AUM Library provides a rich collection of print and electronic resources with a strong focus on course-related information literacy and reference support. The book collection contains both print and e-books in areas relating to programs offered at AUM. Patrons also have access to over 40 online research databases with on-campus & off-campus access.
The AUM Library supports various programs of study offered by the College of Business Administration and the College of Engineering and Technology. It also provides a variety of information resources such as, Printed books, Audio Visual Materials, Online Databases, Journals & Magazines, e-Books, e-Journals, and Case Studies.
The objectives of the Library:
- To assist students, faculty, and staff in accessing library resources and retrieving information in an effective and efficient manner;
- To support a functional and welcoming physical space for students and staff;
- To provide a range of books, periodicals, e-resources, and other media at differing educational levels dependent on student requirements and the needs of the institution;
- To establish a state-of-the-art resources and facilities center that responds and adapts to academic and research needs;
- To provide innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the ever-growing needs of the faculty and student body.