Welcome to the Library of the American University of the Middle East. The library is located on the ground floor of Educational Building. Please enjoy using the library for a quiet study, reference, research activities, and for access to AUM subscription databases. Reference assistance is offered to students and faculty.
AUM Library Support
Our Head Librarian, and the library staff, welcome your queries and are available for your assistance either by phone-22251400 ext.1063 or via email- email@example.com
Opening hours are as follows: Sunday to Thursday, 8.00am to 5.00pm. Saturday & Friday- closed.
Library visitors should show respect towards each other and towards the library staff by complying with the following rules:
- Cellphone usage is prohibited in the library quite zone.
- The Library should be kept quiet in the quiet zone.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended, as the AUM Library shall not be held liable for any loss or theft thereof.
- Food or drink is not permitted inside the Library.
- Student should show his student ID whenever it is requested by the Library staff.
- Library visitors should comply with AUM’s regulations relating to computer use.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage made to equipment, furniture and other Library property.
AUM Library Catalogue
AUM Library has unique Library catalogue (OPAC) which will give you detailed information on the available books, journals, bound volumes, and audio-visual materials etc.
Finding Library Materials
- For an overview of a topic, use textbooks, an encyclopedia, a handbook, or reference books.
- For a definition of a topic, use a dictionary, an encyclopedia or a textbook.
- To find facts on a topic, use an almanac, a yearbook, or check government publications.
- To find current information, use the AUM Library databases to search Journals/serials/newspapers, and eBooks.