You can easily collect and organize your references from various online resources by using reference management software. Besides that you can cite while you write and create bibliographies. There are various Reference Management software that are available for free. We recommend three software below:
Web EndNote basic gives you the tools for learning how to do research, cite sources, write term papers, and even match your manuscript to a scientific journal.
Use the EndNote plug-in to insert references, and format citations and bibliographies automatically while you write your papers in Word. This plug-in also allows you to save online references to your library in Internet Explorer for Windows.
A free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your documents, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research. Desktop and web programs are available.
A free and easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. Word plug in enables inserting references and format citations and bibliographies automatically while you write your papers in Word.
Mozilla Firefox and standalone versions are available.
APA (American Psychological Association) style is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences.
- Ahmed, S. (2010). Multi-directional search to optimize neural network error function. Kybernetes, 39(7), 1145–1166.
- Iqbal, Z. (2011). Mcdonaldization, Islamic Teachings, and Funerary Practices in Kuwait. Omega-Journal of Death and Dying, 63(1), 95–112. http://doi.org/10.2190/OM.63.1.e
- Samaniego, C., Rodriguez-Zavala, J. G., Tenorio, F. J., & Flores-Moreno, R. (2013). Ab Initio Study of H-2 Nuclear Quadrupole Coupling Constants in Deuterated Crystalline Oxalic Acid Dehydrated Polymorphs. Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 575(1), a188–201. http://doi.org/10.1080/15421406.2013.768500
- Greenberg, J. (2008). Behavior in organizations (9th ed). Upper Saddle River, N.J: Pearson Prentice Hall. Information Resources Management Association (Ed.). (n.d.). International journal of business data communications and networking. Hershey, Pa: Idea Group Pub.
- McKay, M. (2006). Couple skills: making your relationship work (2nd ed). Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Pud. Miller, K. (2009). Organizational communication: approaches and processes (5th ed). Boston, MA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
AUM holds institutional subscription to Turnitin software which enables originality checking, online grading and peer review.
Instructor training - getting started with Turnitin, setting-up and submitting assignments, evaluating originality reports, providing feedback and grading.
Student training - basics of getting set-up and enrolled in Turnitin with your class.
All about plagiarism - what is plagiarism, how to cite resources, what is bibliography, what are footnotes, citation styles, quoting.
Watch a short video on "What is Plagiarism".